Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cherokee Purple Tomatoes

I bought Cherokee Purple Tomatoes and planted them today. Have you ever grown or even heard of them? I hope they do well for us we really enjoy fresh picked tomatoes.

They are said to have originated with the Cherokee people.

Cherokee purple is the name of a cultivar of tomato, unusual for the deep purple/red hue of its fruit. It was one of the first of the "black" color group of tomatoes. It is also unusual in being extremely popular for the sake of its flavor, instead of only its unusual color. Cherokee Purple tomatoes are beefsteak in style, with green "shoulders" across the top.

You can find more info @
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee_purple
wikipedia

4 comments:

Denise G said...

wow they sounds amazing. Would love to see a picture when they ripen and let us know how they taste. The best tomatoes I have ever eaten are the beefsteak tomatoes. Thanks for stopping by and I am your newest follower!

Crystal said...

Hopping by to return your follow.

Cris
www.vasavers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Tomatoes I love them - always have three or four cherry tomato plants every summer but have never heard of Cherokee Purple Tomatoes, I will definitely have to check them out : D

Following you back from MidWeek Mingle and WynnieBee - thanks for the follow : D

Have a great Weekend !

Alex said...

Hi there! :) Great blog - I'm your newest follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. Would love a follow back! :)

The Kid Is Rich
http://www.thekidisrich.blogspot.com/
Educating kids and teens in making money and running a business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews Last 7 Days

Disclaimer & Disclosure Statement For/By Easy2Save Blog

Disclaimer: I may receive compensation from other websites I mention on my Easy2Save blog. You should probably assume I do. Sometimes (often) products I promote I receive for free.

Disclosure: You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. The owner may be compensated when you purchase after clicking on a link. The owner may also have received the product for free. Perform due diligence before purchasing from this or any other website.



Posted by Easy2Save





RSS Feed

http://easy2save.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Powered By Blogger